OK, so I recently nagged a friend of mine about getting into blogging, so this is my attempt to remove that particular beam from my own eye… My last post said “in a few days…” and that was, um, half a year ago.
So what’s been going on since then? The biggest news is that we found out, we’re expecting again! We’re 22 weeks now, due the first week of January, but how our pregnancies go, I’m sure the baby will be here by Christmas at the latest. “The baby.” It’s a boy, which we just found out last week, so I really need to get used to referring to him as a he.
Other than that, everything else pales by comparison. Just trying to figure out as always what the Lord wants for us, and doing what we can to glorify Him and repent when we fall short.
Until next time…
(That’s the sound of me blowing the dust off of the blog… I’ll be back soon.)
I’ve recently been appropriately rebuked and chastised from a number of fronts for my lack of activity on the blog lo these past couple of months. Needless to say, we’ve been adjusting to being a family of 5, but rest assured I will begin posting again regularly very soon…
For fun, I checked my logs for the most popular posts I’ve ever done. The one I suspected, based on reader response (neither of my regular readers ever comments), was actually #8 below.
Without further ado…
10. Free Audio Book: The Confessions of St. Augustine (sorry, the offer has since expired)
7. New Baby Pics (Atticus, February 2007.)
I’m now on Facebook, so feel free to “Friend” me.
And, be sure to add Kubecki.com to your Blog Network as well.
I’ve made some changes to the site recently, and tonight I did a bunch. So here we are, in no particular order…
- No more Google Reader links or Del.icio.us links – I got bored with having these in the sidebar.
- I fixed the search results page on the new theme, so when you search, you no longer just see title, you actually see the text that your search hit on. Here’s an example.
- I updated some of the software that runs the site (WordPress plugins for you techie types) so that it runs faster. (Again, for techie types – changed some of the plugins that built dynamic scripts, CSS, etc. based on configured options, to static pages. I don’t change the configuration enough to pay the performance hit.)
- I now have a “Now Reading” section in the sidebar, if you’re curious what I’m reading. Most of the time it is guaranteed to be out of date…
Have a great weekend…