The Logos edition of the ESV Study Bible puts the Bible text in one resource and all of the other content in a second resource. This enables you to view the Bible and study Bible content side by side—and even scroll synchronously when both resources share the same link set. The ESV Study Bible Notes resource will function just like any other commentary and will show up in the Passage Guide along with your favorite study Bibles and commentaries. So no matter what passage you’re studying, the ESV Study Bible with all of its rich content is always just a click away.
The unspoken upshot of this is that you will be able to, in Logos, view the ESVSB notes along with other translations, including the ESV Reverse Interlinear, NKJV, KJV, NASB, etc.
I’ve recently been appropriately rebuked and chastised from a number of fronts for my lack of activity on the blog lo these past couple of months. Needless to say, we’ve been adjusting to being a family of 5, but rest assured I will begin posting again regularly very soon…
For fun, I checked my logs for the most popular posts I’ve ever done. The one I suspected, based on reader response (neither of my regular readers ever comments), was actually #8 below.
Without further ado…
10. Free Audio Book: The Confessions of St. Augustine (sorry, the offer has since expired)
7. New Baby Pics (Atticus, February 2007.)
I’m now on Facebook, so feel free to “Friend” me.
And, be sure to add Kubecki.com to your Blog Network as well.
I’ve made some changes to the site recently, and tonight I did a bunch. So here we are, in no particular order…
- No more Google Reader links or Del.icio.us links – I got bored with having these in the sidebar.
- I fixed the search results page on the new theme, so when you search, you no longer just see title, you actually see the text that your search hit on. Here’s an example.
- I updated some of the software that runs the site (WordPress plugins for you techie types) so that it runs faster. (Again, for techie types – changed some of the plugins that built dynamic scripts, CSS, etc. based on configured options, to static pages. I don’t change the configuration enough to pay the performance hit.)
- I now have a “Now Reading” section in the sidebar, if you’re curious what I’m reading. Most of the time it is guaranteed to be out of date…
Have a great weekend…
Yep, I’ve been slacking off on posting for a while. I will get back into the swing of things, I promise!
In the meantime, some site news:
- New look. What do you think?
- The site is now iPhone and mobile friendly. Thanks to Jerry for testing the iPhone version. (You don’t need a special link, just visit www.kubecki.com from your mobile browser.)
- I’ve added, per request, email subscriptions. See the sidebar on the right.
- I’ll be updating the blogroll soon.
- I’ve got a cool search engine in the works for searching many of the sites in the blogroll, as well as other sites I’ve found useful. More news to come on that one.
Several folks have asked how Shannon is doing with the pregnancy. She is doing very well, and we appreciate everyone’s prayers. She has some back pain, so pray specifically for comfort, as well as continued good health for both her and the baby. We’re now into the 2nd trimester, so praise God for his blessings!